Education is most successful when there is a strong and positive partnership between home and school. We strive to build upon the skills and knowledge which you are providing for your child by offering valuable, fun learning experiences.
We have high aspirations for the children at Morden Primary and our vision is that we ensure we are preparing children to be successful in the ever-changing world and community they will grow up in.
None of us know what the world will look like in 50 years, but we know it will be very different to today. In the years since they were born, many of our children have seen the invention of the iPad and widespread use of smartphones, literally putting knowledge into the hands of millions. The development curve of knowledge and technology and the impact on our lives means that we need to prepare for a future in which change might be rapid. To provide our children with a firm foundation for a lifetime of learning, we must equip our children with the ability to learn and re-learn new skills and knowledge.
The development of the whole child – character education– is central to the Morden Primary community.
• Encouraging and teaching the children to be kind human beings – to show respect by treating others as they’d like to be treated with a capacity to build and maintain relationships;
• Working as a team and being fully inclusive and teaching children to respect and value every individual – regardless of their gender, ability, ethnicity or religion – and celebrate diversity;
• Challenging children to have a good grasp of basic knowledge and skills – particularly in literacy and maths;
• Challenging children to take responsibility to develop their necessary skills (including beyond academic) to function effectively as local, national and global citizens;
• Developing creativity and the ability to problem solve;
• Encouraging children, through character education, to think for themselves; be responsible, cooperate, collaborate and be resilient to succeed.
Our aim is simply put through our school motto – Learn, Achieve, Enjoy: Reaching your personal best!
Children are rewarded weekly for demonstrating these values and we encourage them to aim for the “high five” or “go for five”.